Tuesday, April 20, 2010

15 minutes before rounds

Not much time today before rounds start. I might have a few minutes if rounds go quickly to hammer out some more on yesterday. Quick summation: it was a very busy clinic day. Scott (the chief physician for the Americans/volunteers and head of Ortho) said it was the worst clinic day yet. If that was the worst, we can handle it. While it was busy and chaotic, it was not frustrating or enfuriating in any way, just very very busy. So, I am thankful for that. Of course, things can always go South here quickly.

We did three cases yesterday on top of seeing 39 clinic patients. Our day was from 6 AM rounds to after 6 PM. Terry's wife Jeannie has been a huge blessing to our work here and yesterday her strengths in organizing Terry's schedule and coordinating were very apparent. Her birthday is Thursday so we may go out to the hotel for dinner that night. I'm saving my shower for after surgery today. Yesterday, I was filthy and literally soaked my scrubs in sweat, pants and shirt, before 10 am. The facilities guys were working on plumbing yesterday, so there was limited running water. It might have been a blessing because with limited water, limited internet, I was in bed about 8 and asleep shortly there after. I slept fairly well till 5 this am. I am not "rearin' to go" but at least not a complete zombie.

I was going to try to post pictures, but I fear my internet service just went down again, so I'll post what I can when I can. Thanks for prayers and emails. They do help me feel closer to home. I've only been here four days, but already feels like it's been much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment